Covenant Community Preschool
Questions about becoming a consignor
How do I prepare my items for the sale?
- Wash and press your clothing items (damaged or stained items are not accepted)—ironed clothing is more likely to sell!
- For two-piece clothing sets, safety-pin the pieces together. You may also want to include a “two-piece set” on the tag so it’s clear you’re selling multiple items together.
- Place shoes, socks, bows, tights, small toys, etc., in ziplock bags, to ensure they stay together. Then tape your barcoded tag to the outside of the bag. For larger shoes, do your best to find a large enough bag to accommodate them (shoes often get separated), but if that’s not possible, tie or fasten the shoes together and tape the barcoded tag to the bottom of one shoe.
- For toys or items with multiple pieces, consider taping the items together, or placing them in a ziplock bag.
- All hangers must face to the left (like a question mark) when looking at the item, as this makes it easier for shoppers to see your items/tags on the racks.
- Battery-operated toys are more likely to sell if you include the batteries.
How do I tag my items?
- To create tags, the first step is to enter your items (i.e., inventory) into the My Sale Manager system. Sign on to MySaleManager.net and select “Work with the consigned inventory.” You can then choose to work with your active inventory or activate inventory from past sales (i.e., inactive inventory).
- Once you’ve added all new items and activated any inventory from past sales, you can select the link to print your tags. Be sure to print your tags on regular paper (not card stock), and do not reduce the size of the tags, as smaller barcodes often do not scan.
- Cut your tags and attach them to clothing using safety pins only (no straight pins or tape on hangers)—place tags on the top-right corner of your clothing items (when looking at the item).
- Tape tags to non-clothing items, such as toys, gear, and any items placed in ziplock bags.
Do I have to use the barcoded tags?
Yes! Our barcoded tags enable you to track your inventory and assign your sale proceeds to the correct consignor account. To print your tags, sign on to MySaleManager.net, select “Work with consigned inventory,” and then choose one of the options under the “Print Tags” section.
How should I price my items?
As a general rule of thumb, price your items at 1/3 to 1/2 of the original retail price. There are some exceptions to this rule, including items that are “new with tags” or boutique items, which generally will sell for more. This pricing guide [http://consignmentmommies.com/Resources/ClothingGuide.htm] can help you get started.
If you really want your items to sell, be sure to check the “reduce” box when entering your items into My Sale Manager. All items that have a tag marked as “reduce” will be sold at 50% off during the Saturday sale. Note: If you’re donating your unsold items, we request that you reduce these items to 50% off for Saturday’s sale (the more items you sell, even at half off, benefit you and the preschool!).
What items do you not accept?
We do not accept the following items:
- Items with rips, stains, broken zippers, missing snaps or buttons, items in poor condition with excessive wear
- Items that are dirty or have a foul, musty, or cigarette smell
- Clothing or toys covered with animal hair
- Broken items or items with missing pieces
- Stuffed animals - some animated plush toys are accepted.
- Toys or books from" kids' meals."
- Dolly Parton- Imagination Library "free books."
- Toys, games, and puzzles with missing pieces
- Underwear not in original factory package
- Car seats
- Changing pads
- Potties or potty seats
- Diaper pails
- Cloth diapers not in original factory package
- Recalled items
- Adult clothing- please ensure items sold as teen clothing are teen appropriate.
- Dirty or overly worn shoes-
- Clothing must be appropriate for the season of the sale.
How do I activate my inventory from past sales?
Sign on to MySaleManager.net and select “Work with consigned inventory” and then “work with inactive inventory.” You can then choose to activate, edit, or delete inventory from past sales.
How do I reduce my items to 50% off for the Saturday sale?
Most people who shop on Saturday are looking for 1/2-off items, so reducing your items to 50% off will help your items sell (which means more money for you and the preschool!). To reduce your items, you must check the “reduce” box when entering your items into My Sale Manager.
How do I receive my sale proceeds?
You choose to receive your proceeds from the sale by PayPal within 48 hours of the end of the sale.
How do I know which items sold?
At the end of the sale, we will provide you with a seller report, which lists all sold items (and includes the description you entered on the tag and the item number) and the selling price. You can also access this report by signing on to your My Sale Manager account.
If my items do not sell, what happens to them?
You have two options for your unsold inventory:
- Donate any unsold items to CCP’s charity of choice. To donate your items, you must check the “donate” box when entering your items into My Sale Manager. We currently donate items to ST Michaels Thrift Store and Crisses Preganacy. If you choose to donate your items, please reduce them to 50% off for the Saturday sale (mark the “reduce” box when entering your items into My Sale Manager)—the more items we sell (even at half off), the more money you make for yourself and CCP!
- Retrieve any unsold items on Saturday afternoon when you pick up your sale proceeds. At the end of the sale, our volunteers sort through all unsold items that are not marked as “donate” and group them by consignor number.
What if I do not pick up my sale proceeds or unsold items on Saturday afternoon?
Any sale proceeds or unsold items that are not picked up by the stated deadline on Saturday afternoon will be donated to CCP’s charity of choice. (We will let you know the pick-up deadline at your drop-off appointment.)
If my items do not sell, and I want to try to sell them again at future sales, do I have to print new tags for each sale?
Your tags can be reused from sale to sale. In order to reactivate your inventory from past sales, you must sign on to MySaleManager.net and select “Work with consigned inventory” and then “work with the inactive inventory.” You can then choose to activate, edit, or delete inventory from past sales.
Do you limit the number of consignors for each sale?
Yes, we only allow 100 consignors per sale. If you register to consign, and later change your mind, be sure to unregister so others have the opportunity to participate.
Do you charge a fee to consign?
No, we do not charge a fee to consign. Consignors collect 70% of sale proceeds (CCP keeps the remaining 30%, which is a tax-deductible donation to Covenant Community School, INC. Consignors may use their sellers' report as documentation). If you volunteer 10 or more hours, you will collect 80% of the sale proceeds!
Consignment sale hours: Friday, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-11:00 pm (1/2 price on marked items)
Pick up: Saturday at 3:00 pm (we will contact you if we are ready before 3:00 pm). Unsold consigned items not picked up by 3:00 pm will be donated.
The total number of items consigned to each sale is 500 pieces.
Inventory may be entered into the MSM system until 7 pm on Thursday before the sale.
Be on time for drop-off. Arrive at the beginning of your shift. If you arrive late, you may need to reschedule your drop-off time. Allow 30 minutes to "check in" your inventory at your drop-off appointment. Consignors must help set out your inventory after all items have been checked in.
If you bring your young child to the drop-off appointment, they must stay with you.
The consignor payout is by PayPal. The new policy, PayPal payments will be made to consignors within 48 hours of the end of the sale.
We only offer high-quality merchandise that is clean (with no odors) and in good repair. A suggested practice: before drop-off, please review your inventory and ask yourself, "Would I buy this item?"
We do not accept the following items:
Any items with rips, stains, broken zippers, missing snaps or buttons, items in poor condition with excessive wear
Any things that are dirty or have a foul, musty, or cigarette smell
Clothing or toys covered with animal hair
Broken items or items with missing pieces
Stuffed animals - some animated plush toys are accepted.
Toys or books from" kids' meals."
Dolly Parton- Imagination Library "free books."
Toys, games, and puzzles with missing pieces
Underwear not in original factory package
Potties or potty seats
Cloth diapers not in original factory package
Adult clothing- please ensure items sold as teen clothing are teen appropriate.
Dirty or overly worn shoes-
Clothing must be appropriate for the season of the sale.
All item prices must end in .50 or .00.
If you wish to donate your items, please check the appropriate box check to donate while tagging. We automictically reduce all items marked donate.
Consigned clothing items must be on hangers before drop off.
The tag must be on the right-hand side of the chest or pants.
Please hang pants with safety pins to the top tier of the hanger.
The clothing hanger hook must be facing left.
Loose items like socks, shoes, and hairbows should be in plastic bags with a tag taped to the front.
Consigned items must have tags safety pinned or securely fastened (no tape or staples on clothing or hangers) on articles clearly stating the consignor number and price. We use only CCP MSM barcoded tags.
We do not use tags from other sales.
Consignors receive 70% of their sale price.
There are no cash sales; only debit and credit cards are accepted.
Covenant Community Preschool and Christ Church are not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items during the sale.
If you sign up and agree to consign or volunteer and do not show up – you'll forfeit your right to sell in the next sale.
Volunteer times are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Do not bring children to volunteer shifts.
I understand that the sale is run by volunteers who give their time to help provide funds for families in need. Therefore, I will be kind to the volunteers and treat them respectfully.
The CCP Consignment team reserves the right to update sale policies as needed.
Thank you for your participation.