Covenant Community Preschool
Covenant Community School
Blessing Our Community … Building God’s Kingdom
September 19, 2014
Dear friends of Covenant Community Preschool,
In light of First ARP’s recent announcement that it will not host Covenant Community Preschool (CCP) after the 2014-15 school year ends, I’d like to update you about the school, where we’re heading, and how you can help.
The state of the school
Since opening in the fall of 2011, CCP has achieved and surpassed every goal set forth by our founders and board, and has also operated under budget each year. First ARP Church can take great pride in knowing it began a great work in starting CCP — many lives, young and old, have been reached and are being touched by this budding ministry.
The 2014-15 school year is well underway, and we are serving 47 students — 10 are First ARP Church members, 17 receive scholarship funding, and 30 pay full tuition. Young families continue to pursue our school to educate their children as the community learns about the high-quality, Christ-centered programming we provide our students.
The search for a new home for CCP
This is an exciting time for our school, as we seek God’s direction for our future. Upon receiving First ARP’s decision to no longer host CCP, we immediately began searching for a new facility to house our blossoming preschool. Several local churches have already shown interest, and we are exploring all opportunities for relocation. The board, staff, and families of CCP passionately desire the school to continue in a larger facility that will accommodate our growing ministry.
The school’s dependence upon charitable giving
First ARP Church has graciously agreed to continue funding CCP through the end of the 2014-15 school year, but this funding accounts for only 33% of our annual budget. The remaining 67% comes from tuition, fundraising, and charitable giving. To meet this school year’s financial obligations, we’re relying on the generous donations of individuals and companies. And because CCP holds a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, all donations are tax deductible.
How you can help
Our preschool ministry is building and strengthening the kingdom of God. It is not an easy task, but the rewards will last an eternity. Please join us in praying for the future of our school — specifically that the Lord will:
- Reveal His will as we search for a new location for the school
- Sustain the interest of current and new families during this time of transition
- Quell false rumors that the school has decided to close at the end of the year
- Provide generous donors who can help us meet our budgetary obligations for this school year and beyond
For more information
If you’d like more information about the school, its future, or how you can help, please contact me directly at 704-616-9253 or [email protected].
Great Peace in The Lord,
Lynda Williams, CCP Director